The Liebster Award!! This is the second time a friend cited me. Yay! Early this year, Gabby of the The Late Young Family sent me the award. Before the year ended, another fabulous blog friend recognized my humble blog. Thank you to the fabulous Juanita Tortilla!
For those who are not familiar with the Liebster Award here's a description passed on to every blogger
It’s an award that was reputedly started in Germany in order to give smaller bloggers recognition for their hard work. You receive this award from a fellow blogger that feels your blog is both worthy & important to them.
A blogger who receives this award should
1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create 11 questions.
3. Nominate 11 people to give this award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
Keeping with the tradition of the Liebster Award here are my responses
11 Facts About Myself
1. I'm a rank and file employee who juggles as a part time educator - I juggle in between two jobs. My day job consists of the typical office work. After my 8 am to 5pm job, I'm off to teach Economics or Research related subjects to some college kids in Manila.
2. I would love to revive my interests in arts and crafts. In my Elementary years, I was an active member of our school's Art Club. I love making crafts and my I was interested in recycling and upcycling. For reasons I don't know, I lost interest in Arts before I finished Elementary.
3. When my interest in arts and crafts diminished, I became interested in writing. I used to write for the Filipino edition of our school's newsletter. At that age, I fell in love in writing and I told myself that I will write someday.
4. The dream to write didn't become easy for me. I struggled a lot in my English and Literature subjects in High School.
5. When it's time for me to move to college, I wanted to pursue Journalism but fate landed me to Economics. Though I wasn't majoring writing, I learned to love my course because it also gave me the opportunity to write. I enjoyed writing researches as requirement for my major subjects.
6. I developed and discovered my love for teaching in college. While I was pursuing my degree, I started earning by accepting tutoring jobs. After struggling my Math subjects back in High School, I became surprised of my ability to teach Algebra and Trigonometry. It started with my younger cousins and I was later referred to the friends of my relatives.
7. One of my greatest frustrations is my inability to play any musical instrument. I would love to learn how to play a violin, if given the chance and time.
8. Like Juanita, I don't know how to wear heels. I'm living a flat life. :-)
9. I don't know how to wear a lipstick. I tried once but everything went to my teeth. LOL
10. I love everything that comes in color blue. Half of my wardrobe is in blue and that extends to my collection of flat shoes.
11. I'm a proud Filipino but my taste buds are relaying a different message. Most of my favorite dishes are influenced by the flavors of Mexican, American, Japanese and Thai.
11 Questions from Juanita
1. What are you looking forward to, in this new year?
A lot! The spark I've been praying for my career, religiously pay my pending bills, writing opportunities, more freelance works and to maintain that good health.
2. What is the biggest gift someone can give you?
Travel Opportunity! But aside from material wealth, love, trust and appreciation will do.
3. What did you aspired to be when you were younger?
I said it in my 11 list. I wanted to be an artist or to be in the profession of arts and crafts.
4. What was your most dramatic hairstyle?
I'm not very courageous with hairstyles. I tried having my hair layered early this year and I swore to never repeat it.
5. You have a free travel ticket. Where would you like to go and what will you do?
Paris! To see the different places I used to study in World History.
6. How do you spend your weekends?
Sleep LOL Most of the time, my weekends serve as my sleep recovery days. I go malling with my friends and treat my Nanay (mother) ... if the budget permits.
7. What do you see yourself doing in 5 year's time?
Reading my previous blog posts, still teaching and working, and have achieved that financial independence.
8. How do you like to spend time with your friends?
Eating out!!! Sharing stories and laughing out loud with each other
9. Is your blog different from the rest? How so?
I maintain a personal blog. I think that would suffice and justify that my blog is different from the rest.
10. In the parallel universe who and what is your alter ego like?
I guess someone who is engaged in a job that requires a lot of interaction with other people. It's one of my personal weakness. I'm not blessed with interpersonal skills.
11. Never say never. What did you say 'never' to but now find (or have found) yourself happily guilty of? Overspending! My shopaholic hormones is the greatest culprit. When I was still studying, I told myself that I will have that fat savings account and investment. However, when I discovered the happiness of shopping for shoes, clothes and bags... I ate my own words.
Giday of Life is Sweet
Shayne of Queen of all You See
Natasha of Bamboo Blossoms
Kyna of Great Expectations
Macy of Anywhere is Paradise
Here are the questions I'd like my nominees to answer.
1. What would be your ultimate goal for 2013?
2. What is that thing you can't live without?
3. What is your favorite book of all time?
4. Who is your greatest crush?
5. What is the most important electronic gadget you own?
6. Identify one thing you wanted to purchase for 2013.
7. What is your greatest fear?
8. Happiest moment of your life in 2012
9. What is your greatest accomplishment in 2012?
10. Identify one person you want to meet
11. Why do you love blogging?